This AT&T SIM is for use within the USA and will also give you free roaming in Canada and Mexico.
The AT&T USA sim card is a great option if you’re travelling throughout the United States, particularly if you are making a road trip that takes in national parks and rural areas where other networks may have limited coverage.
This sim card is set up on a monthly prepaid plan with your first 30 days service already paid for. When using the AT&T sim card your service includes:
- 8GB data at up to 4G speed when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States. Your data speed will be throttled to 128 Kbps after you have used your high-speed data allowance, but you also have the option of adding an additional 3GB of high-speed data use for USD $20.
- Unlimited incoming calls when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- Unlimited calls to Canadian, Mexican and US landline phones when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- Unlimited calls to Canadian, Mexican and US mobile phones when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- Unlimited international text messages when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- Calls to Australia are charged at $1.09/minute (you need to top up extra credit for these calls but we recommend that you use an app such as Facetime, Rebtel or Skype for cheaper calls home)
- Comes as a tri-cut sim card that will fit all phones (it works with phones that require either a standard, mini, micro or nano-size sim card)
|Data allowance||8GB at 4G speed (your data speed will be trottled to 128 Kbps after you have used your high-speed data allowance)|
|Can you top up additional high speed data?||Yes. An additional 3GB of high speed data costs USD $20.|
|Can you tether (use your phone as a mobile hotspot)?||Yes|
|Coverage in USA, Mexico and Canada||Yes, but it must be used in the USA first.|
|Calls to phones in Canada, Mexico and the USA||Unlimited|
|International calls||Not included in your plan. Calls to Australia are charged at $1.07/minute (you need to top up additional credit to cover the cost of these calls), alternately you can use an app such as Rebtel, Skype or Viber for discounted international calls.|
|International text messages||Unlimited international text messages to phones in over 100 countries|
|Cost of sim card||$135 including your first 30 days of service|
|Cost for each additional month of service||USD $50|
Please note: This is a US SIM card. It comes with a US mobile phone number and at least 50% of your usage must occur in the United States. Data roaming must be switched on in order to access data when travelling in Canada and Mexico.
Can I use this for longer than 30 days?
If you are staying longer than one month, each additional month of service will cost you USD $50. You simply need to top up your credit so you have at least USD $50 in your prepaid account by the end of the first 30-day period. As long as there is at least USD $50 credit available, AT&T will deduct this credit from your account to pay for an additional month of service.
Your AT&T sim card is ready to go
We will activate your AT&T USA sim card for you so all you need to do is put it in an unlocked phone after arriving in the USA.
- There is no need to activate your sim card. We do this for you.
- There is no need to top up your sim card prior to travelling. We add enough credit to pay for your first month of use.
We will set your sim card up for you prior to posting your sim card so you know your US mobile phone number as soon as you receive your sim card. You will be able to use your sim card from the travel date that you specify when ordering your sim card.
Using the AT&T sim card in Canada and Mexico
The AT&T USA sim card gives you free roaming in Canada and Mexico. This means that all your inclusive value can be used in Canada and Mexico as well as in the United States. Your 8GB data allowance can be used in Canada and Mexico as well as the United States and your call allowance, which includes unlimited incoming calls and unlimited calls to both mobile and landline phones in Canada, Mexico and the United States can be used when travelling in these three countries.
There are four restrictions to this free roaming deal:
- At least 50% of your usage must occur in the United States. This means that at least 50% of the call minutes you make and receive must occur when you are in the United States.
- If you add an add-on international calling feature, this will only work on the AT&T network in the United States (although discounted international calling apps such as Facetime, Rebtel, Skype or Viber will work anywhere).
- Rollover data (your unused data allowance that is rolled over to your next month of service) is only for use in the United States
- Your first use of this sim card must occur on the AT&T network in the USA
How can I top up?
You can buy top-up vouchers for AT&T (along with all the other large mobile networks) at thousands of convenience stores, pharmacies and supermarkets throughout the USA.
You can also top up online at ding.com and topup.com.
We activate your sim card for you
We activate your sim card for you so all you need to do is wait until you arrive in the USA, pop your sim card in your phone and turn it on.
Your sim card will be ready to use on the date you specify when you place your order.
Frequently asked questions
When will I know my US mobile phone number?
You will know your US mobile phone number as soon as you receive your sim card. Your phone number will be written on your sim card and also on the information sheet that is included with your sim.
Does my phone need to be unlocked?
Yes. Your phone must always be unlocked before using a sim card from a different network. Nowadays, many phones are sold already unlocked but it is best to check that your phone is unlocked prior to travelling. If you’re on a contract, most networks will unlock your phone and many will do this free of charge.
Can this sim card be used in data-only devices?
This sim card is designed for use in a mobile phone and cannot be used in data-only devices such as tablets or pocket Wi-Fi devices. You need to visit a mobile phone shop in the USA to buy a data-only sim card to use in a tablet or similar data-only device.
Can I use my phone as a mobile hotspot?
Yes. Unlike some other US prepaid mobile services, you can tether (use your phone as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot) with an AT&T sim card.
Do I need to register my service and do I need to provide ID?
No. There is no requirement to register your service or show identification when activating a new mobile phone service in the United States. Simply put it in an unlocked phone, turn it on when you arrive in the USA and you’re ready to go.
When will my service start working?
When you buy your sim card from us, we ask for the date you arrive in the USA. We add credit to your sim card just after midnight (according to the timezone of your US mobile number) so your sim card is ready to use the day you arrive in the USA. It is important to let us know if your travel dates change so we can ensure that your mobile service is ready to use as soon as you arrive in the United States.
How long does delivery take?
These sim cards are posted from Melbourne, Australia and delivery should take around 2–3 business days if you live in southeastern Australia (including Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney) and up to a week for other parts of Australia.
We also ship to New Caledonia, New Zealand and Singapore and delivery takes around one week to these places.
It is posted as a standard letter, and the delivery is not trackable. It is best to allow an extra week in case of any delays in the postal service.